How do you store your dispensing end of your keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerly

Reaction score
I just finished setting up my new kegging system which I'm very happy about. No more unnecessary bottling. After I got my beer carbed and put the faucet end on it to pour, I began to wonder if I should be doing something with the faucet end when I'm not using it. Right now I have it sitting attached, in the fridge. Sometimes I may not get around to using it for a few days. Or is this something that I just don't need to think about?

What do you do to keep that end clean, if anything?

Do you mean the plastic "cobra" faucet that you pay a deposit on for 1/2 barrel kegs? If so then do nothing now but at some point down the road you need to clean the lines and tap or it will start growing some fonky bact. and fungus which will off flavor your beer and make the faucet stick.

I just coil them and leave them on top of the kegs. I have developed the habit of dispensing a small amount of ale & checking for earwigs. They get into everything!

Latest posts

Back