How do you clean blow off tubing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaosB

Berserker
Reaction score
Using a length of vinyl PVC 5/16th x 7/16th as blow off tubing. It got full of krausen. I tried soaking it in Star San for a week but it's still gunked up. I don't think pipe cleaners would be an effective way to clean it due to its length. Solutions?

Best way is to run very hot water through it immediately after use. Then fill with StarSan, drain, and hang it up to dry. But after that, I don't worry. It doesn't touch any beer that's used in final packaging anyway.

You could also soak it in hot water with PBW. StarSan is not a cleaner, after all.

I generally just buy a 100ft rol of the cheapest tubing i can find. Then if a week of soaking in pbw doesn't do the trick i just toss it.

Yeah probably going to just replace it though Amazon is shipping super slow right now. Last batch was riddled with diacetyl, need to rule out all possible causes.

Back