How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found it through advertisement with Gary Martin on home brewer TV back when it was free and on utube.

I found you by looking up info on home brewing. I got the app on my iPad and now I need advice and recipe suggestions. I am brand new to all of this so I am open to suggestions, comments, etc. I bought the Coopers DIY beer kit and brewed the lager, Mexican Cerveza, and now I have ordered another Lager with their brew enhancer 2, and their wheat malt extract to make a recipe I came across for Cowboy Lager. I am going to add 24 ounces of orange blossom honey when I make it. How long should it ferment in the primary fermentor before I bottle it? Also with a Lager is it better to bottle condition for at least 4 weeks? Any thoughts/ suggestions?

Cheers,:)

HBT threads are in the top 5 google hits for any homebrew related question ever... HBT practically found me!

I googled "beer brewing forum" and you were at the top of the page. I am about to start brewing and had a question about suitable bottles.

I waste lots of time on beeradvocate.com, realbeer.com, several of the online store forums, and the AHA forums. I was looking for info on gluten free beers and found a link to this site. I'm going to brew a GF beer for a few friends for our annual Oktoberfest and there's not a lot of info out there so I was glad to find this site.

I was trying to find online help and everytime I performed a search on what I was looking for, homebrewtalk.com appeared almost everytime. Thanks!

Really looking forward to trying some of the Dogfish Head clone recipes as well as tweaking it a bit once I become more knowledgeable and accustomed to home brewing.

Seems like every time I googled something relating to home brewing this forum came up. I am active in several other forums, (bikes, watches) so I thought I would join up and support the place. So much good information here. Everytime I have a question, I do a search and get 40 threads worth of answers.

I was watching "Beer Wars" and did a search for Moonshot beer and this site came up via a forum discussing that movie.

I am an avid homebrewer who has just bottled his 30th batch, a Kirin clone; my first. I brew mostly ales and most of the time use Better Brew kits. They work well and I know how to follow directions. I brew with a buddy of mine about 5-6 times a year. We usually do two batches at a time, most times we do different recipes to mix things up a bit.

Each batch I make has my own "secret" ingredient that's not really a secret: honey, that a beekeeper buddy of mine here in Nashville supplies me with. I trade beer for honey. Win, win.

I give away 1/2 of my 5 gallons to friends and family. I just want to share with them this beverage which is so special and unlike anything they have probably had before. Most, if not all, are pleasantly surprised about how flavorful it is compared to any of what they thought were "true" beers.

Google, of course! Around 90% or more of the time I did a search for anything to do with homebrewing, this message board came up with the information I wanted... and then some!

Wanted to join a home brew forum to further my knowledge of home brewing and this was the first hit on my Google search. Looked around for a few minutes, saw some great information and recipes and decided to join.

Same as above
Secondary 1:
Peach Wine???
Secondary 2:
Milk Stout (brewer best kit)
Kegged and Drinking:
nothing
Bottled and Drinking:
I never tired to bottle...... yet
Planning:
Oatmeal Stout

Went to the internet looking for homebrew answers and thought I'd give homebrewtalk a try. I live in Canada and like a lot of the american IPAs. I can't get of my favorite, Dogfish Head 60 min, any more in Canada. DFH stopped exporting due to demand in the states so I've done a bunch of clones of varying success.

Yes, I found your site initially through Google, that's a no brainer(good job with your SEO btw). But really, there a ton of homebrewing sites. I came across your site when I first started doing research into brewing and getting started, etc. I'm an overly thorough person on a budget, so I check my facts over and over before doing anything. You guys have provided, through an archive of posts, a wealth of knowledge and ideas to me about my gear, keeping my setup cost effective, yet ever growing.

To better answer your question, I'm a tech guy. I work tech, I breathe tech, I bleed tech, so I am no truster of the internet. Time and time again, site after site, your site always falls into conversations, posts, recommendations. "HBT" is everywhere in this community of homebrewers and even my local HBS, Bx Beer Depot, talks about you guys.

I must admit I just got around to joining yesterday, but I hope that now I can contribute to this place and add in good things as I've taken good things from it.

Cheers to you all, gents, and long live HBT. :mug:

Hi.
I found the website while I was looking up for tips for brew fruit beer.
since then I've been checking the website often and decided to register so I can comment, too.
I also started a homebrew blog last month.
check this

All the best results from Google searches seem to turn up posts on here, so I cut out the middle man and made an account :)

Always wanted to start home brewing, so I finally talked to a friend who does it and now I'm knee deep into it. Love this forum! So much info :)

Google - how else?

I'm just getting back into brewing after a decade off (I had brewed about 25 kegs or so up to that point). My old beer fridge kicked the bucket and I stopped brewing until I got around to building a new one.

I have two kegs recently filled and am building a new beer fridge shortly (I can't enjoy my brew until I complete the job).

What a great forum! We didn't have such a thing when I brewed my first batch - then again, we didn't have the Internet either (yea I know - I'm old, 48)

-Greg

I started out with homebrew beer about a year back - as I inevitably started running into problems I turned to my best friend in such matters - Google! I started noticing a trend, in that no matter what brew problem I had, hbt seemed to be the first one back with the reply. So I realised I didn't really need google anymore and here I am.

I learned about homebrewtalk.com over on the General Discussion Board at AR15.com, or Arfcom, as we say. They do have a forum on Homestead, Farming and Gardening, and that fits into it, so lots of the members recommend this place for brewing advice.

i found hbt simply through searching for homebrew kits, recipes, and just general information on getting started on homebrewing. i lurked around the forums for quite some time and since im getting my kit either tomorrow or next week i decided to join up. best decision ive ever made. just like when i first got into off roading and jeeps(my current expensive hobby) i knew nothing until joining forums and a club and slowly learned an extreme amount of valuable information. im hoping i can do the same with my soon to be new hobby, homebrewing. i just got married saturday and im hoping brewing with my wife can be a fun and exciting hobby we can share together for a long time:ban:

I found this site through a friend who is on here, Displaced Masshole. He suggested getting on here and taking a look around and I'm glad I did. I have found a lot of interesting reads along with wicked helpful advice. Loving the site!

I was on google, looking for some fall brew recipes and came across one from here that caught my eye. Browsed the forum and joined =)

I was on Google trying to find out if my first batch was infected (it wasn't, of course). Somehow I wasn't able to use the search so I decided to join and see if it works and it worked. I've learned a lot searching the forum and reading old threads. Great forum, I like it!

Back