How bad did I mess up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearthelight

Reaction score
Hey all, I just finished bottling my second all grain batch and am worried I put way too much priming sugar in. I was low on corn sugar so used about 1/3 cup of that and then for some reason thought I remembered seeing people say you must use more table sugar than corn sugar for the same carb levels so I threw another 2/3 cup of that in as well. Of course after everything is said and done I second guess myself to find that you use LESS table sugar than corn. Given it was about a full 5 gallons that went into the bottling container, how over carbbed should I expect this to come out?

I don't think you will end up with any exploding bottles, but you'll probably end up with some extra bubbles in your beer.

Without doing any math I think you may have added the equivalent of 1 1/16 cup of corn sugar. Maybe just a touch more.

Back