how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at least this happened...

1658854262391.png

When I lived in Hawaii in the 80's, Betamax was the predominate format. When I moved back to the mainland, I discovered that VHS was king here. By the time I caught up with VHS, DVD came out, then BluRay and now streaming. I'm sure I bought my favorite movies in all 4 formats at some point along the way.

We have 1500 DVDs taking up space in our media room

got so many, can't memorize what we have, so I created a database to track them & keep a copy on my phone

media room

Ha! According to what I witness, today's youdz watch everything on a phone; tictoc vids, instagram vids, tv series, movies, everything. Too small for me, and your arm gets tired holding the phone while trying to open the peanut M&Ms or popcorn bag with the other hand, much less the pint of homebrew.

Ha! According to what I witness, today's youdz watch everything on a phone; tictoc vids, instagram vids, tv series, movies, everything. Too small for me, and your arm gets tired holding the phone while trying to open the peanut M&Ms or popcorn bag with the other hand, much less the pint of homebrew.

weird..i prefer at least 100"+ screens, got two of them one about 100, the other 160 or so....you can pick them up for the price of a four pack of overpriced beer these days.....

I used to want one of those so bad. Then hard drives got cheap and x264 came out. Don't get the menus but don't get commercials either.

parents: teach your kids

also: they're not adorable, they're terrorists & not nearly as welcome in restaurants, BARS OR BREWERIES as you think they are

word of the day: BABYSITTER
noun

a person who looks after a child or children while the parents are out.
"hire a babysitter & leave your brats at home"

indoor voice.jpg

I am somewhat of a mind that there are clearly varying degrees of socially accepted norms for children-in-public behavior, stemming from my complete abhorrence of the term "free range parent".
But that's just me, raised on limited corporal punishment, respecting elders, taking consequences for one's actions, maintaining respectful behavior in almost all situations, double tying my shoelaces, holding doors, covering my mouth when I cough, and using turn signals, even in parking lots.

We agree on so very much.

But that's just me, raised on no corporal punishment, respecting elders, taking consequences for one's actions, maintaining respectful behavior in almost all situations, tying my shoelaces with a proper double slippery square (bow), holding doors, covering my mouth when I cough, and using turn signals, even in parking lots.

except no one seems to respect "within reason"

a child learns to act like an adult by copying the adults they see

an unruly child has shitty parents. it's not the kids' fault. it's PARENTING FAIL

You should write a book about parenting so you can get your gripes out in a format that I don't have to look at.

when the parents are
You should write a book about parenting so you can get your gripes out in a format that I don't have to look at.
aww, you poor dear. do you need someone to call your mommy to come get you?

tell us you have demon spawn without telling us your kids are demon spawn

it's not difficult to pick out the shitty parents around here

when the parents are

aww, you poor dear. do you need someone to call your mommy to come get you?

tell us you have demon spawn without telling us your kids are demon spawn

Tell me you have no experience raising kids without telling me you didn't raise any kids

"I'll take my kids wherever I want! I don't care what anyone says!"

is the very definition of SELFISH

teach your kids how to act properly or leave them at home.
"Kids should not be allowed where I'm at because they might make noise!"

is the very definition of SELFISH

All children throw fits from time to time while they're young regardless of upbringing. It's a part of life which is why many people try to ignore it instead of focusing on it. A parent should figure out if the place they're going to is kid friendly. A patron should also not be upset when kids are at a kid friendly establishment being kids (even rotten ones).

Some of this recent conversation reminds me of a time my family was traveling and we stopped at a Perkins for a quick bite. Mini-me was probably around 9 months old, and he was really chill back then. We ordered him egg along with our own orders, and about halfway through our meal a rotund middle aged man is seated at the next table.

A few minutes later our waitress comes over and strikes up a conversation with us, and after we chat for a while the waitress was so nice that my spouse told her she could hold our kid for a bit. We continued our conversation for a few more minutes, we wrapped up, got little dude back in his chair, and the waitress went to take the middle aged man's order. He angrily closed his menu and started telling her off for ignoring him during her chat with us. He said that he was ready to order, and that she should have been there a while ago, something about the baby not ordering anything but he would've. Waitress tried to calm the guy down, but he angrily got up and started shuffling towards the door, barking at the waitress that she was missing out on a good tip.

It was super weird as we paid. We apologized for it, even though we didn't know the guy and had no control over the events. They pretty much told us thank you for weeding out a rude guy before they invested much time in him.

Anyways, this is a meme thread, I should find a meme.

funny-restaurant-worker-memes-20-5b22780c4540d__700.jpg

Back