how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm....Pie. Make mine Blueberry :D

1607058805298.png

And that's "minuscule speck". Someone didn't proof-read bigly.

Hard pass!

I worked at a fish cannery when I was in college. Our main product was salmon, but one year we processed herring before the salmon season. Since all the equipment was designed for salmon, we had to install smaller hoppers inside the giant salmon sized ones. It was my job to make sure the hopper always had herring in it, never over-flowed, but never left fish on the conveyor belt. When I under-estimated how much fish was on the belt, it would overflow the hopper and fish would fall down into the bigger hopper underneath. In the first couple of weeks I messed up quite a few times and after several weeks the smell coming from below could no longer be ignored.

My foreman was a firm believer that you should never order anyone else to do something you wouldn't do yourself so he suited up, duct taped his boots to his rain-gear, and dove in the hopper to bucket out the ~3ft deep herring soup that was rotting down there. The duct tape didn't work because he still ended up with boots full of soup but he won a LOT of respect that day!

I worked at a fish cannery when I was in college. Our main product was salmon, but one year we processed herring before the salmon season. Since all the equipment was designed for salmon, we had to install smaller hoppers inside the giant salmon sized ones. It was my job to make sure the hopper always had herring in it, never over-flowed, but never left fish on the conveyor belt. When I under-estimated how much fish was on the belt, it would overflow the hopper and fish would fall down into the bigger hopper underneath. In the first couple of weeks I messed up quite a few times and after several weeks the smell coming from below could no longer be ignored.

My foreman was a firm believer that you should never order anyone else to do something you wouldn't do yourself so he suited up, duct taped his boots to his rain-gear, and dove in the hopper to bucket out the ~3ft deep herring soup that was rotting down there. The duct tape didn't work because he still ended up with boots full of soup but he won a LOT of respect that day!
I've never been good at delegating, but I think I probably would have in that situation. 🤮

Brew on :mug:

I once had to visit a tuna cannery in American Samoa for work. I couldn't believe the smell and asked the person I was meeting with who's office was in the cannery how he could stand to work there. He said after a while, he didn't even notice the smell until visitors mentioned it.
samoa.png

was transferring duty station from San Diego to Charleston, SC back in 1990 & had a buddy already in Chucktown, so I called him to get directions & plan to meet up. he told me I would SMELL the Town before I even got near enough to SEE it.

OH! gods! the PAPER MILL SMELL!

I love most cheeses but I've had a couple that gave me that reaction. When food tastes like toejam and death, your brain is trying to tell you it's no good, and you should just listen. There's no acquired taste for some of this stuff, people are just eating it for machismo.
Sooo, you are probably not a fan of funky beers that smell like barnyard and rotten socks? Me neither. :barf:

Pretty sure most of us did not wait until they were 21 to start drinking,,,, why would 2020?,,,,.. after all, it aint its fault the humans decided to make it a weird one.

humans decided to make it a weird one.

i was at walmart without a mask and a little 4 or something year old girl was walking by, obviously not sure why she even was wearing one. saw my bare naked mouth and started giggling! made my day....also concerned me if this is what kids that age are growing up into?

Back