Quantcast

how about a meme generator thread...

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

dmtaylor

Lord Idiot the Lazy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 708756

Someone at Samuel Adams failed geography and can't Google...
On the other hand, all them nations pretty much brew the same stuff with their own spins on it. Tonight I'm brewing for the first time a Swedish Gotlandsdricka. Evergreen needles, juniper berries, sweet gale, and some other secret ingredients & processes. Should be fun.

Kharnynb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
On the other hand, all them nations pretty much brew the same stuff with their own spins on it. Tonight I'm brewing for the first time a Swedish Gotlandsdricka. Evergreen needles, juniper berries, sweet gale, and some other secret ingredients & processes. Should be fun.
technically maybe true, but if you want to call it norwegian names, then at least be consistent and call it Maltøl

bleme

Reaction score
Hard pass!
I worked at a fish cannery when I was in college. Our main product was salmon, but one year we processed herring before the salmon season. Since all the equipment was designed for salmon, we had to install smaller hoppers inside the giant salmon sized ones. It was my job to make sure the hopper always had herring in it, never over-flowed, but never left fish on the conveyor belt. When I under-estimated how much fish was on the belt, it would overflow the hopper and fish would fall down into the bigger hopper underneath. In the first couple of weeks I messed up quite a few times and after several weeks the smell coming from below could no longer be ignored.

My foreman was a firm believer that you should never order anyone else to do something you wouldn't do yourself so he suited up, duct taped his boots to his rain-gear, and dove in the hopper to bucket out the ~3ft deep herring soup that was rotting down there. The duct tape didn't work because he still ended up with boots full of soup but he won a LOT of respect that day!

doug293cz

BIABer, Beer Math Nerd, ePanel Designer, Pilot
Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I worked at a fish cannery when I was in college. Our main product was salmon, but one year we processed herring before the salmon season. Since all the equipment was designed for salmon, we had to install smaller hoppers inside the giant salmon sized ones. It was my job to make sure the hopper always had herring in it, never over-flowed, but never left fish on the conveyor belt. When I under-estimated how much fish was on the belt, it would overflow the hopper and fish would fall down into the bigger hopper underneath. In the first couple of weeks I messed up quite a few times and after several weeks the smell coming from below could no longer be ignored.

My foreman was a firm believer that you should never order anyone else to do something you wouldn't do yourself so he suited up, duct taped his boots to his rain-gear, and dove in the hopper to bucket out the ~3ft deep herring soup that was rotting down there. The duct tape didn't work because he still ended up with boots full of soup but he won a LOT of respect that day!
I've never been good at delegating, but I think I probably would have in that situation. 🤮

Brew on :mug:

pvpeacock

Reaction score
I once had to visit a tuna cannery in American Samoa for work. I couldn't believe the smell and asked the person I was meeting with who's office was in the cannery how he could stand to work there. He said after a while, he didn't even notice the smell until visitors mentioned it.
samoa.png

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
was transferring duty station from San Diego to Charleston, SC back in 1990 & had a buddy already in Chucktown, so I called him to get directions & plan to meet up. he told me I would SMELL the Town before I even got near enough to SEE it.

OH! gods! the PAPER MILL SMELL!

day_trippr

"Now brewing exclusively with Hydrohydroxic Acid"
Reaction score
Please don't! We're trying to relax and enjoy our home brews out here and that sounds toxic to the bone ☢ ☢ ☢

Cheers! ;)

Hoppy2bmerry

My hop trellis brings the boys to the yard.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I love most cheeses but I've had a couple that gave me that reaction. When food tastes like toejam and death, your brain is trying to tell you it's no good, and you should just listen. There's no acquired taste for some of this stuff, people are just eating it for machismo.
Sooo, you are probably not a fan of funky beers that smell like barnyard and rotten socks? Me neither. :barf:

Pkrd

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

dmtaylor

Lord Idiot the Lazy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What's the worst that could happen?

Well actually...
Why on earth would they use organic litter? Unfortunately, when you want nuclear waste to stay put for tens of thousands of years, you don't really want organic material breaking down and generating compost gases making it airborne. Morons.

~David M. Taylor
Senior Program Engineer, Point Beach Nuclear Plant

Tom R

Reaction score
My Grandfather built houses in the '30s. Grandma led the roofers, and if you couldn't keep up with her, you were out of a job.

That's the family folklore anyway.

Dland

Reaction score
Pretty sure most of us did not wait until they were 21 to start drinking,,,, why would 2020?,,,,.. after all, it aint its fault the humans decided to make it a weird one.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
humans decided to make it a weird one.

i was at walmart without a mask and a little 4 or something year old girl was walking by, obviously not sure why she even was wearing one. saw my bare naked mouth and started giggling! made my day....also concerned me if this is what kids that age are growing up into?