House Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misanthrope

Reaction score
Do you have a default recipe? I do.

Of 2 1/2 gallons of water, I "micro-mash" 1/2 lb. light crystal (35L), 1/2 lb. dark crystal (120L), and 1/2 lb. biscuit in 2 1/2 quarts. "Sparged" with a like amount.

The liquor, and the remaining water, boil with 6 lb. DME. At the start of the boil, I add five to fifteen HBU of bittering hops. At "zero minutes", one ounce of aroma hops.

My "House Pale" is the above recipe with one ounce Centennial for bittering, and one ounce Centennial aroma. It rocks.

What's your house beer?

I usually always have NB Tongue Splitter in tap, love the taste dry hopping gives a beer.

Mike

I find it's too much juggling and logistics to always make sure I have one certain beer on tap. If it's that good the batch is gone too quickly and getting it back into the pipeline can be difficult.

my first 10 gal batch was Ed's Haus, (slightly modified so I could call it "DogHaus", since I call myself Itchy Dog Brewery)....I just made a second 10 gal batch last weekend...definitely a favorite, especially with some dryhopping.

I don't like to "make sure" I have a certain beer on tap, but Ed's Haus seemed like a favorite recipe of everyone, so I figured it would probably be OK to make 10 gallons of...it's nice to make 10 gal batches of easy, fast drinking beer so I can help increase my pipeline size.

I always have 5 or 10 gallons of a tweaked EdWort Haus Pale, I use crystal 40, and mash at 154. I also FWH and dry hop in the keg, clean easy drinking, and perminantly on tap one at my bar

Nada. I rarely ever make the same beer twice in a year. I like to have some Bent Rod Rye around in the Summer and I'll generally have a Brown on tap, but the recipe varies.

I usually have a beer that shows up multiple times in the hopper. That doesn't mean I always have it on tap, but it does mean that I'll have it more often than not. For a long time, that was a pale ale with 1/2 lb of 40L crystal, northern brewer for bitter, cascade for aroma and dry hop, and a nice British ale yeast. Then it was a hefe with 1 oz of hallertau at 40mins and Wyeast 3068 yeast strain. These days, I do an all-grain batch with 8lbs of pilsner malt mashed low (150F or so) with 1oz saaz for bittering and 1/2oz saaz for aroma fermented with Wyeast 2112 (Steam) I've been washing for a generation or two now. I can go from pitching the yeast to drinking a pint in two weeks with a dry lager-like taste. I've recently ramped up to doing 2 x 5 gallon batches at a time of this one and as soon as I get a large enough kettle, will do 10 gallon batches of it.

I usually have some sort of English Bitter on tap but the recipe is constantly changing.

If/When I setup the beer gas stout faucet then I'll have a 70/20/10 Dry stout on tap more often than not.

My go-to is a California Common. Not always on tap, but it's definitely in the rotation more than any other.

I made a really nice bitter that I keep a couple of bottles hidden so I never run out before the next batch is ready.

I really enjoy all beers, so I don't really ever keep one on tap. I'd say I typically have a brown or an APA on tap more than any others though.

My house beer has a pretty simple recipe with somewhat complex taste. It's an APA, but it's color and taste resembles that of Red Ale. It goes well with almost any food; a burger, pasta primavera or enchiladas. It tastes well on a summer night on the backyard deck or in the winter in front of the fireplace.

I'm having a pint of it right now and I can tell you I HART MY HOUSE ALE!

I really can't claim the ownership of this recipe, because it's so close to a "typical" APA, but I don't want to change it just to make it fancy. I guess I like what I like.

Scooby's House Ale

Yeald: 5.5 gal
OG: 1.054
IBU: 49

10 lbs. Pale Malt
1 lb. Munich
0.5 lbs. Crystal 60 (or 80)

1 oz. Centennial 60 min
1 oz. Cascade 5 min
0.5 oz. Cascade dry hop

US-05

Oh yeah, one more thing: since I reuse my yeast and I buy Centennial and Cascade in bulk online, it costs me about $15 per 5 gal batch. Can't beat it.

I usually have an APA (my house recipe) or an IPA (again, my house IPA) on tap but often mix it up with other beer styles. I think that an APA or IPA is made about every third beer, though!

I usually have an APA (my house recipe) or an IPA (again, my house IPA) on tap but often mix it up with other beer styles. I think that an APA or IPA is made about every third beer, though!

Yeah, same here. I have those recipe's I like a lot and brew often, but it's not necessarily always on tap.

I just set up the keg system so i cant say it has always been "on tap" but i plan to always at least have a stout, its my favorite style and ill just make variations, the other tap will be for what ever i want to brew

My house beer (or apartment beer would be closer to the truth) will definitely be my English Mild.

I don't, yet at least. Still figuring out how to make decent homebrew, some of my early stuff was a bit strange, have done a couple of decent batches, but neither was worth remaking.

My go-to is a California Common. Not always on tap, but it's definitely in the rotation more than any other.

I try to have a Cali Common and a version of cream ale available. Also my own IPA recipe has been a big hit.

80% pale 2-row (or pilsner)
20% Vienna
any noble hop to 25 IBU + 1 oz @ KO
ferment w/ s-05 for a blonde or 34-70 for a Helles
shoot for an OG around 1.050 & FG 1.010
easy drinking anytime

Two actually:

Dark lager with a touch of cocoa

Mostly 2-row, some chocolate malt, carahell, and carafoam. Fuggle and Hallertau Mit at 60 and 30, some wirfloc, and cocoa powder in the boil. S-23 or W34/70 depending on what I have on hand.

Pretty crushable but sometimes add extra dark candi syrup to the boil too to bump the ABV that'll sneak up on you. :tank:

I add some oats to the mash sometimes if I want a somewhat thicker mouthfeel.

And when I feel really lazy: 2-row sorachi ace SMaSH, crisp and great on hot days.

I still brew my pale ale referenced on page 1, bout I'm now more likely to have my mild recipe on tap... Or the saison... Both are in my recipe pull-down

Back