Hot peach chile ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

head

Reaction score
I visited one of my favorite areas of colorado recently and, of course, went to the local brewery, the Dillon Dam Brewery.

I've always enjoyed both the beer and food there, but this time they had 2 beers that really piqued my interest and thereafter my palate.

One was a chile beer that had incredible depth of chile flavor without intense heat. It was amber in color, mildly hopped, and went down so easy.

The second was a peach chile beer with intense peach and chile flavor and a very potent kick. It was lighter in color than the first, but burned the throat going down. I'm a heat seeker when it comes to spice, I can tell you it was amazing and it burned, seriously.

SWMBO was instantly in love with these brews and has asked me several times if I can try to recreate something similar.

Tips? Starting points?

Thanks

As far as I know you put the peppers in secondary and age the beer with the peppers that way. Not sure how long you'd age it for. I guess you'd just have to take samples until you get it to where you like it.

I've had Stone's Crime before and thought the peppers really messed up a good beer. It was very spicy. I like spicy foods but my Irish stomach doesn't. I've had a couple other pepper beers and I've yet to find one that is a good beer. I like washing down my spicy food with a nice hoppy beer not the other way around. :mug:

Back