Hot Cider question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kubed

Reaction score
I’m looking for some ideas on how to throw together a hot, spiced cider for party tomorrow. I’ve got some uncarbonated apfelwein as well as some pantry dropping cider ready to go, but I’m lost on how to spice it and serve it. Following ed wort’s example, I was thinking of putting a bunch in a crock pot, adding spiced rum and a cinnamon stick. Does anyone have any suggestions for spices beyond this? We've got a winter storm in Las Vegas so it's the perfect time for spiced cider.

(digging deep into the undergrad chem archives)

I believe I'll lose a little bit through evaporation, however as long as I stay below the boiling point of etoh (175F-ish) the bulk of it will remain.

Make up a batch of this and let your Panty Dropping Cider and Apfelwein age a bit more. I made up a batch of this for Thanksgiving and it was enjoyed by all !!!

Apple Pie Tonic

1 gal apple cider
750 ml Everclear or Vodka
3 whole cinnamon
2 whole allspice
2 tsp vanilla extract

In a large pot, put in the apple cider (½ only), cinnamon, and allspice. I crushed mine. Boil for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and add rest of cider, Everclear/Vodka and vanilla extract. Stir to mix. Let cool and pour into containers to store in refrigerator. Remember to remove cinnamon and allspice sticks before pouring into containers.

Recipe was found under the 'Likker is Quicker' forum at gotmead.com

- GL63

Thanks GrantLee! That was just what I was looking for. I tried it tonight and it turned out fantastic!

Back