Horrible pictures !! Don't look !! Turn back now !! Ok... you've been warned !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senormac

Reaction score
IMG_20171001_130412743_zpsn4bo5dqw.jpg

IMG_20171001_130441110_zpshxtvjb9m.jpg

IMG_20171001_130505341_zpsidonbamo.jpg

IMG_20171001_130518616_zps3qapxehg.jpg

Are they all like that? Sucks bro

These are some hops from last years crop I left on the table outside a little too long. I mean like a week or more. I had already harvested 95 % by this time. The aphids attacked in force. I was kinda shocked about it and wondered where they came from. Do they smell hop plants ?

Last edited:
Bummer! Although there might be an opportunity here, since the protein haze you'd get from adding the bugs might help you get more in line to the NEIPA style. What's the worst that could happen?

Aphids are a pest... I think they can smell. I used to work in a green house. Even with the best of care, they get in.

If i remember correctly, spraying with water can wash the aphids off. If that doesn't work, insecticidal soap may do the trick.

A spray bottle of water with a couple of drops of dish washing liquid is a ghetto anti aphid spray. Been using it for years since finding out that's all there is in the bottles you buy at the garden centre.

Spray with neem oil. Do consecutive daily treatments. Be sure to get the Underside of the leaves. Repeat weekly until you no longe see aphids.

I was at the local home fix up store today and at the checkout I saw that they had a plastic container full of 100's ?? 1000's ?? of LIVE LADY BUGS. I should have got a picture !! And I should have bought them

Latest posts

Back