Hops Direct

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed the same thing. Shipping was showing as $38 for 6lbs of hops. I asked about it, and they said it seemed high and asked me to leave a note in the order for them to check. They ended up charging $22 for shipping. Since they are mostly leaf hops, the packages are a little bulky. Considering all the hops for $5-7 a pound its still a good deal.

I just bought 9# total (4# cones and 5# pellets) that are arriving at my house today and paid $27 for shipping.
I agree it must have been an error, maybe take a screenshot and email the customer service.

I emailed them about their high shipping costs and they replied that they could fit 5 lbsof pellets in a flat rate Mailer for $13.60. I left a note about it when i checked out and got the cheaper shipping.

Just got 7lbs for $75 shipped. FedEx listed the weight as 14lbs, lol. Some is packaging, no doubt, but yeah... I think a little more than a pound per pound. I guess I'll see when it comes in.

Always get great deals and their hops are always the freshest.

I have ordered from them for so long, I can remember back when they were also CherriesDirect. Cant remember the year they stopped that part of their business.

Sounds like a good option most people seem stoaked and as much as I like to support the local shop I can the hops online for 5-6 dollars less. Might give them a try to save some money. Just need some way to vacuum seal now.

Also does anything else compare as far as the internet goes spearheading a group buy so 30 lbs worth of hops. Quality and price are just as important

I've been using HopsDirect for a number of years. Usually buy 7-10# of hops once a year. Great service, great product.

Back