Hoppy Blonde Ale -- dry hop suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarolinaMatt

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I recently brewed my blonde ale recipe and am looking to add a little twist to it this time by adding a decent dry hop to make it a hoppy blonde and was hoping for some suggestions from you all in what would give me the best success.

Grain Bill: 2 row, oats, Caramel 10, caraplis, honey malt
Hops: Centennial, cascade
Yeast: US 05 at 65 degrees

Usually I turn this around from grain to glass in 14 days. Right now it has been just a tad over 7 days and primary fermentation is wrapping up.

I will dry hop it with 1 oz of each -- centennial, cascade, and citra

Suggestions on when/how to do the dry hop? Ideally I'd like to get it in the keg Sunday and start to burst carb so it's ready to tap the following weekend for Father's Day.

Should I toss the hops in today as fermentation is dying down and let them sit until Sunday? Should I put them in the keg in a hop bag?

Would love some suggestions and maybe experiences/results others have got with a hoppy blonde ale. I have read on here about others dry hopping in the keg, but that it takes a bit longer to extra the aromas/etc and really want to keg Sunday and have it ready to serve by next Friday. Little bit of a time crunch, but life got in the way :confused:

Hi Everyone!

I recently brewed my blonde ale recipe and am looking to add a little twist to it this time by adding a decent dry hop to make it a hoppy blonde and was hoping for some suggestions from you all in what would give me the best success.

Grain Bill: 2 row, oats, Caramel 10, caraplis, honey malt
Hops: Centennial, cascade
Yeast: US 05 at 65 degrees

Usually I turn this around from grain to glass in 14 days. Right now it has been just a tad over 7 days and primary fermentation is wrapping up.

I will dry hop it with 1 oz of each -- centennial, cascade, and citra

Suggestions on when/how to do the dry hop? Ideally I'd like to get it in the keg Sunday and start to burst carb so it's ready to tap the following weekend for Father's Day.

Should I toss the hops in today as fermentation is dying down and let them sit until Sunday? Should I put them in the keg in a hop bag?

Would love some suggestions and maybe experiences/results others have got with a hoppy blonde ale. I have read on here about others dry hopping in the keg, but that it takes a bit longer to extra the aromas/etc and really want to keg Sunday and have it ready to serve by next Friday. Little bit of a time crunch, but life got in the way :confused:
How bright or present do you want the hops? Supportive or up front? And what hops do you have available

Want them present and great aroma. I said what the heck and actually just tossed in an ounce of citra, ounce of cascade, and ounce of centennial. With the light base beer I’m guessing those three ounces should go a long way. I’ll let it sit and start to drop the temp to cold crash Friday night/Saturday morning and keg Sunday afternoon.

Back