Hop Seltzer/Hop Club Soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theowlman16

Reaction score
I love IPAs, but am often on call for work...so I cant drink alcohol. I just started experimenting with hops in seltzer or club soda...anyone have any history or experience attempting this?

This is a great idea. I've thought about trying to make a tincture with vodka to do just that. The process shouldn't be that difficult, really. I bet the cryo hops that are out now would be perfect for this. Hmmmm

I've done hops in iced tea, but that utilizes heat to brew the tea and hops. I haven't been able to draw much flavor/aroma in the cold liquid.

That's where the vodka or other neutral spirit would come in. Since what we want is the oil from the hops, the alcohol acts as an emulsifier. I believe this is why a lot of flavorings or "extracts" are alcohol based.

Haven't done it myself. Just spitballing

What about a few hop oil/extract syringes? Have those on hand and just drop some in to taste.

Latest posts

Back