Hop Sale at Midwest Home Brew Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, Hopsdirect doesn't have the same selection that midwest does. Cascades, for example, Hopsdirect wins. Amarillo, not so much.

FYI, Hopsdirect doesn't have the same selection that midwest does. Cascades, for example, Hopsdirect wins. Amarillo, not so much.

Amarillo is 11.95 for a half lb of last years pellets at midwest and hopsdirect is 13.50 for a lb of brand new leaf amarillo? I believe that hopsdirect actually has more varieties than midwest does right now. I didnt look through everything but the only hop I would want that midwest has that hopsdirect doesnt is summit.

Amarillo is 11.95 for a half lb of last years pellets at midwest and hopsdirect is 13.50 for a lb of brand new leaf amarillo? I believe that hopsdirect actually has more varieties than midwest does right now. I didnt look through everything but the only hop I would want that midwest has that hopsdirect doesnt is summit.

It's been a while since I perused hopsdirect... last I perused that was not the case, I'll take your word for it, thanks for chiming in, and I apologize for making a statement based on outdated facts. :mug:

I ended up going both routes, since Hopsdirect had some that I wanted that were on sale at Midwest, so one pound or a half pound...Obviously if I could get the hole pound for the same price I went that route. Midwest did have some that Hopsdirect didn't have that I needed so I got the half pound from them.

Damn! Simcoe's not on the Midwest sale list and Hops Direct doesn't have it.

Anyone got a link to a good price on Simcoe?

Thanks for the link. Never saw their site before. Question. I don't see any pound prices, just $5 for 4 ounce. Am I missing something? Still, it's the best price I've seen.

Ever purchase hops from them before? Fresh vacuum sealed packs?

I haven't purchased from them before, but if you add four 4-oz bags to your cart, it gives you a $2 discount. At least, that's what it said when I tried it earlier today.

. . . Your best bet might be getting them at http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com for $18/lb.
A follow up on this.

Really fast service. Ordered 1lb of Simcoe on Monday, it got here today (Wednesday). Hops were in mylar(?) bags, but not vacuum packed. They were in four individual 4oz bags. For some of you, it would be better if they were vacuum sealed, but not an issue for me. I snipped a small corner off of each bag and vacuum sealed all four bags together.

The good part about having to repack them was I got a chance to check out the aroma. They smelled great, so I'm guessing they are pretty fresh.

$22.90 / pound with shipping. Not Hops Direct prices, but the best I've seen for Simcoe. Highly recommended.

Back