Hoosier Transplant Living In Cincinnati, OH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostofdavid

Reaction score
Formerly Cincinnati, OH; Currently Columbus, IN
Hello all! My name is Robb and I am interested in purchasing a small and functional beer brewing kit. I have a place in my heart for even the cheapest of beers and have no interest in becoming a beer snob as any brewed drink can be sacred to the palate!

As the Title states, I am a Hoosier transplant currently living in Cincinnati. I am recently married, recently graduated and interview for a new job today so life has had a lot of recent changes.

I smoke hookahs, study theology, play video games, watch movies and love to have conversations.

I recently picked up a Mr. Beer kit from the local Bed, Bath and Beyond as our apartment is fairly small while the wife was looking for that "got to have" item.

My grandfather used to make his own wine and brew his own beer and I remember being facinated as we would watch the fermentation process.

Anyways, enough about me... thanks for having me at the forum!

Welcome to the site Robb. I have to disagree with you on the cheapest of beer, Im more of a quality over quantity type of guy.

If you find the brewing and fermenting process fascinating I think you will quickly move beyond the Mr Beer kit and find a place among the grains and hops with the rest of us.

Welcome to the forum Robb, from another Rob, there are a few of us around here. I am a Floridian currenty transplated to Hoosier Country. I go to Cinci every now and again, Love me the Hofbrauhaus! I got a good buddy over there too, makes his own wine. You should go and check out Listermann's Homebrew supply. I have talked to Dan overthere a few times, he's a great guy to deal with.

Cheers

Thank you for the local yokel link! I wonder if they have a storefront. I would definitely like to check it out. I have spent too much money at the Hofbrauhaus. We went there for my bachelor party! YES! It was a good time. Ran into a professor from our college there. Good times!

Yeah they have a storefront, they are the company that makes the Phil line of products, not sure if you have heard of that yet or not. They make some homebrew equipment. here is the store info:

Listermann Manufacturing Co., Inc.
1621 Dana Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45212-0251
Fax: (513) 731-3938
Phone: (513) 731-1130

Cheers

The local homebrewing club also meets at Listermann's. The meetings are a good place to mingle, learn more about brewing, and drink some good beers. Once you meet a few people, you might be able to arrange observing/assisting someone on their brew day. Good way to pick up tips.

Back