Honeywell valve help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After weeks and weeks of searching through the forums I have a massive headache, frustrated and I am confused more then ever.

I am currently building a brutus 10 system and I need to pull the trigger on the gas valves. I have allready decided on honeywell valves but it seems like there is so many different models that people on these forums are using. Every thread I have read is pages long and doesn't clearly explain which model you should use or what the differences between them are. Not only that but the threads are so old that none of the links work.

I am trying to temp control the hlt and mash tun only. I have read the thread about the electronic spark module and valve but after pricing that out it was close to 400 dollars (cnd)not including the valves them self. I just want something safe with 1/2 npt inlet and outlet on the valve. Can some one please help me.

The Honeywell gas valves you are most likely looking at are made for a much lower pressure than a portable propane setup is running on, which if you are looking at spark ignition instead of standing pilot, is good news. You can use a standard solenoid valve for a 1/4 the price and will serve the same purpose. If you use a direct spark ignition module, you will need a 24v transformer in most cases, so stick with the low voltage solenoid as well.
Here’s a couple picks of mine to give an idea what I’m referring too.

C021ED6B-3D3B-446D-925B-F62E0724F06F.jpeg

1BF78FFD-316B-4B49-8B01-B107924E25C8.jpeg

Attachments

• D4E0FB17-F8D1-48F2-A426-AF33FF47E226.jpeg
    D4E0FB17-F8D1-48F2-A426-AF33FF47E226.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
Back