Honey Weizen - No carb??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bc23

Reaction score
I brewed this weizen on 2/9, went to a secondary on 2/23, bottled it on 3/7 and I've got little to no carbonation in the bottles. I'm very frustrated, as the beer is delicious, but just very very flat. I primed it in the bottling bucket, and about two weeks after bottling I tested a couple, and since they were flat I took each bottle out and rolled it around to get the stuff at the bottom back into suspension. Now, two weeks later (4 weeks total in the bottles) still nothing.

Any thoughts on this problem, and suggestions of how to fix it, or at least avoid it in the future?

Thanks very much folks :mug:

To answer the previous question, I used the standard amount of priming sugar that came with the NB extract kit, and I stored the bottles at 68.

As an update, I just cracked another one tonight to test it, and it's exactly the same. Very little carb, no head.

Any more thoughts?

bc23 said:
To answer the previous question, I used the standard amount of priming sugar that came with the NB extract kit, and I stored the bottles at 68.

As an update, I just cracked another one tonight to test it, and it's exactly the same. Very little carb, no head.

Any more thoughts?

i store mine in a warmer area so the yeast starts up a bit better. What type of yeast did you use? and also try moving a few bottles to a warmer area- maybe upstairs (as in my case). I store mine at about 75 when they are carbing and i usually give them 3 weeks.

Back