Honey in beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaaybeer

Reaction score
Just looking for an opinion nothing specific really just wanna see what people think. I bought a 10€ 42 litre beer mix. I used 1.2 kg honey instead of dextrose along with maybe 150g light brown sugar. In vat 6 days so far and is quite boozy any thoughts on what I've done so far of was 1045

That's the kit I used

image-3291730989.jpg

Just looking for an opinion nothing specific really just wanna see what people think. I bought a 10€ 42 litre beer mix. I used 1.2 kg honey instead of dextrose along with maybe 150g light brown sugar. In vat 6 days so far and is quite boozy any thoughts on what I've done so far of was 1045

It's still green beer. Give it time to clean up. 3-4 weeks if you can stand the wait.

Cheers

dickproenneke said:
It's still green beer. Give it time to clean up. 3-4 weeks if you can stand the wait.

Cheers

The instructions say 10 days at 20 to 27. Should I ignore that time scale do u think or bottle at 10 and leave for 3-4 weeks in bottle

The instructions say 10 days at 20 to 27. Should I ignore that time scale do u think or bottle at 10 and leave for 3-4 weeks in bottle

If you wish it to taste good, let it ferment 3 weeks and let it bottle condition for an additional 3 weeks.

Rick

Appreciate the advice people will keep tasting and keep checking gravity. I'm loving my new hobby can't wait to have a steady stream of my own beer. Thanks again

What types of beer taste good with the added honey? I was thinking about trying it.

So far and it's only 7 days now mine tastes pretty nice and its a long way from finished

Back