Honey Hangover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokie

Reaction score
I heard at the LHBS that honey fermented in the beer will give a wicked hangover. They have been wrong about almost everything else so I was wondering.

I've never had a hangaround on HB before, but as far as I am concerned they are right on this one.

IMO the crap you are supposed to skim off the honey during the boil has too many impurities.

If you mix honey with brew you really can't skim it off without removing your hops.

I recommend boiling the honey for 15 minutes and skim all the while to get the scum off.

If you mix it with beer I would add it at the end of the boil.

The only beer I've done with honey, I used 2lbs at flameout. I didn't skim anything. It didn't give me a hangover.

From what I do know about honey, if you boil it, it'll scrub off much of the flavor characteristics that it might lend. So if that doesn't bother you, then boil it, skim it, and see how it treats you.

Latest posts

Back