Homemade bottle washers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any reason you don't want to buy one? I have the Jet Bottle Washer, and I find it hard to believe that you could make something that works that well for the price they are.

...edit: Just a thought... Maybe you want one that takes care of multiple bottles at the same time?

-S

I didn`t realize they we`re that cheap. I guess I can afford that much.

Thanks,
Burch

Yea you are right but if you have them lying around the house use them, plus you do get a tax break and hey your making future home brewers.

burch, although they are inexpensive as mentioned, I don't think they are necessary. What I have found is that if you open a commercial brew, that same evening if you give it a good rinse out and then send it to soak in a sanitize solution (I use a plastic trash can with a mild bleach solution) then they are fairly easy to clean initially. After that, when they are re-used for homebrew, just a good rinse out after the pour is all you really need a quick sniff will let you know if you've rinsed it out enough. Sanitize before bottling and you are home free. The bottle washer may be good for bottles that have sat with leftovers in them, but for me a bottle brush is a $2 solution for that case. That is how I approach it anyhow.

Latest posts

Back