Homebrewtalk.com "personalities"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa whoa... What the hell is going on?

What is this? Pick on me day??? What did I do???

I appreciate being defended NCB but it's not necessary. I'm totally used to the petty slights of these jealous individiuals.

I think NCB has a good point. Trinity has had our name up on the shalk board for months (spelling correctly) and finally got around to re-printing the menus... and someone gagged big time. Not sure what that has to do with us.

Thanks NCB!

That is me in my avatar, so you don't have to guess my age. And yes, I do wear a suit and tie while drinking a cold beer and reading the paper.
We would have known you were ancient if you had just started and ended with "reading the paper". Sometimes brevity is best.
I'm quite happy that no one has offered up opinions of me, he said in a passive-aggressive sort of way.. ;)
leatherhood1.jpg

I'm with youy, DishNetworkMeadMaker, that's a quality control issue right there.
SNICKER!
Even better! Bring her along!
Hey-o!
Hey now!!!!

done... PM sent
niiiiiiiiiice.

NCB is obviously PTN... he's been trying to get in Cape's pants for years. And the 3-letter shortening of the screen name is a dead giveaway.

Whoa whoa... What the hell is going on?

What is this? Pick on me day??? What did I do???

I appreciate being defended NCB but it's not necessary. I'm totally used to the petty slights of these jealous individiuals.

i so gotta revive this thread, but i'm just a kid and someone is going to have to show me the way.....it's possible people see me as a slob, lazy, BUT i'm not! get out of my head, if it's you m'fr's! ;) :mug:

Ye gods Bracc how did you find this thread???

When I'm sitting here in my garage reading HBT, as I do almost every day, when reading posts from well-known members my mental picture is always of a guy in his mid-to-late 40's/50's, with a lot of time on his hands and more money than me. Don't be offended, guys, that's just me. I know what some of you look like from photos, and I have to admit it's always a brain shock. Then I have to laugh when I think what y'all think of me; I'm a short-ish 55-ish slightly overweight workaholic (alcoholic?) woman with very irregular congenital facial features (which is why you will never see a photo of me, just my hands holding glasses) who likes to brew beer, work on cars, work on my yards, build random stuff around my house, and drink a LOT of beer. My husband works his ass off at a job he hates (that he recently put in his notice for, proud of him) but doesn't do much around the house because I like to keep busy. Anytime we meet some new friends the conversation almost always comes around to my brewing hobby, and he is the first to brag about his homebrewing wife, although I always giggle when he calls it OUR brewery. It's mine, a**hole. Anyway TL;DR.

You know, it's funny.... I don't actually picture anybody in particular for any profiles, you're all just faceless blobs to me, unless you lead me to believe that your profile pic is actually you.

FWIW, yes, that's me in my pic, when I was like 2 years old. And I still love my music, now at age 47 or something (I lost count a few years ago). Yes, I'm your stereotypical fat white engineer with a beard.

I really do think of passedpawn as his avatar. Same with Dan.

When I think of bracc, I picture a slightly stockier Dale Gribble, but the feds have put him in witness protection for accidentally witnessing a crime while he was playing sleuth trying to uncover a different conspiracy.

When I think of @Jayjay1976 I think of Maxwell Klinger after he stopped dressing in drag.

For whatever reason I haven't devoted many brain cells to picturing people. It probably has something to do with all the time I spent in Linux help forums. I just got used to seeing the avatar and not imagining people any further.

work on my yards,

wait a second....was that a typo? and claiming you envision everyone else having more money?

now not only am i going to imagine you as a alcholic, "thick" (just reality for a woman that drinks :love:) crawling under the dash of her car to replace the fuel pump relay wearing a sexy dress, by the way i just re soldered the cold solders when my honda's died! ;) very taken, and lives on the other side of the country, but still great fun to type at! :mug:

<-- obviously, that's me.

all homebrewer's in the 50's played with microscopes!

When I think of bracc, I picture a slightly stockier Dale Gribble, but the feds have put him in witness protection for accidentally witnessing a crime while he was playing sleuth trying to uncover a different conspiracy.

if only this wasn't a homemade drinking forum, i'd so change my avatar to this!

1656648215837.png

and i picture you as a middle class mid-late 30's dad....otherwise you wouldn't keep calling me sir, and old man.... :p

...I'm your stereotypical fat white engineer with a beard.
Doughy white middle-aged Industrial Designer here, I work with lots of engineers and I have a deep respect for that profession. Engineers have always been my favorite people to work with at both of the two jobs I've had my whole career, just a real rational bunch of pros.

Beardo here too. It started out when my sister knitted a few beard-shaped face warmers for me to wear on my bicycle commute during winter. Fun photos ensued and I got used to the idea so I grew a real beard. That was ~13 years ago? During quarantine i grew my beard out for over a year without trimming (a "yeard" haha) and let my hair grow down past my shoulders. My wife started calling me Jason Samosa for, well, reasons. I forget what I look like without it but I shudder to think about it.

Fun fact, facial hair grosses me out and long beards are really problematic to the point I actively avoid people who have them.

No longer an avid cyclist but I do my best to get in at least 6K steps a day, it's the best I can manage with my heavy workload :(

meeee.png

"Inspecting stuck sparge" ca. 2021

Last edited:
Doughy white middle-aged Industrial Designer here, I work with lots of engineers and I have a deep respect for that profession. Engineers have always been my favorite people to work with at both of the two jobs I've had my whole career, just a real rational bunch of pros.

Beardo here too. It started out when my sister knitted a few beard-shaped face warmers for me to wear on my bicycle commute during winter. Fun photos ensued and I got used to the idea so I grew a real beard. That was ~13 years ago? During quarantine i grew my beard out for over a year without trimming (a "yeard" haha) and let my hair grow down past my shoulders. My wife started calling me Jason Samosa for, well, reasons. I forget what I look like without it but I shudder to think about it.

Fun fact, facial hair grosses me out and long beards are really problematic to the point I actively avoid people who have them.

No longer an avid cyclist but I do my best to get in at least 6K steps a day, it's the best I can manage with my heavy workload :(

View attachment 773586
"Inspecting stuck sparge" ca. 2022

Mind blown

and i picture you as a middle class mid-late 30's dad....otherwise you wouldn't keep calling me sir, and old man....

Mid-late 30s... Like someone from the 1930s, or like I'm in my 30s?

I can't recall calling you 'sir' or 'old man'.

I'm not going to post a picture. I'm a pretty generic guy in his 30s with a beard. I've been stuck at the weight I am now for more than 10 years, which is just a bit (maybe 15lbs?) more than I feel it should be (no medical opinion was used in the formulation of that opinion). I'm overweight, I'm sure, but I don't think it's by much. People used to say that I'm tall, but I feel like I'm only slightly above average height, and with new generations getting taller, I don't think people will consider me tall for my whole life.

Jayjay, why did you get out of cycling. I've been a casual cycler for years, and now that I'm teaching mini-me to ride bike I'm looking at it as an opportunity to start getting more serious with it. Did you ever ride RAGBRAI?

Jayjay, why did you get out of cycling. I've been a casual cycler for years, and now that I'm teaching mini-me to ride bike I'm looking at it as an opportunity to start getting more serious with it. Did you ever ride RAGBRAI?
I rode quite a bit when we lived in downtown Chicago, then when we moved to Germany I really got into it but since moving back and being out in the suburbs there just isn't much inspiring scenery. Plus, people out here don't know how to drive and I value having the use of my legs.

Walking and sometimes running with an occasional bike ride is now my jam, but so far this season I've been too busy to do much of anything except work.

Never knew how much of a workaholic I was until I experienced another culture. My German colleagues literally shamed me into dialing it back. Returning home and becoming even more dedicated to work is something I wish I could change, but I just can't take my foot off the gas. Mainly just wish I could brew more often.

Walking and sometimes running with an occasional bike ride is now my jam, but so far this season I've been too busy to do much of anything except work.

I've got a buddy who was hit by a car while riding bike and so riding on the street makes me nervous. I just invested some money in bike lights, so I won't feel bad on my occasional ride around town, but I usually stick to designated pedestrian/bike trails.

I've got a buddy who was hit by a car while riding bike and so riding on the street makes me nervous. I just invested some money in bike lights, so I won't feel bad on my occasional ride around town, but I usually stick to designated pedestrian/bike trails.

🤣 i remember bunny hopping this as a kid on my bike...all the f'n time, and the speed limit on this road was 45mph..... no pads, no helmet.... the first thing we all did as kids is take the lame reflectors off our bikes!

1656693126592.png

Same! I live on a main road which everyone speeds on! But I suck it up on my morning rides and pull over if I don't feel comfortable.

My BIL rides to work EVERY DAY in a suit in a busy city...I don't know how he does it!

Same! I live on a main road which everyone speeds on! But I suck it up on my morning rides and pull over if I don't feel comfortable.

My BIL rides to work EVERY DAY in a suit in a busy city...I don't know how he does it!

HAHAHAHA! you millenials! and you're all in your 30's! 🤣 (just a rib jab, nothin serious....)

Excuse me sir, as I've pointed out on this site and numerous other places 30-40 yo are not millennials by historic precedent...it is my personal historian mission to erase this travesty and set the record straight!

i always get confused....as far as know, i'm gen-x, barley just old enough to be a teenager trying to make homeless cool, but not old enough to try and have long permed hair and wear makeup? :mug:

Back