Homebrewers Sound Like Drug Dealers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well, which one is going to scar the boy scout more: seeing your brew gear he doesn't know if for brewing beer or seeing the bondage gear on your neighbors living room wall that he does know what it is?

Two years ago we had a boy scout knock on our door to sell us popcorn. I invited him in and ...

Aw, I was expecting something better, like -

1. He robbed me

2. He accused me of assaulting him and I had had to pay a 6 figure sum or go to prison. :smack:

I wasn't here I had to run into work so my wife let them look around where I brew

then told them if he had a lab why would he be working ?

not the local supplier :) but I do give out a lot of home brew ;)

Gotta have a front for legitimizing your income.

Driving with large ziploc bags of hops is sure to raise an eyebrow from the cop that just pulled us over.

I have small zip lock bags containing a white grainy substance, in a container holding larger bags of a white grainy substance. [corn sugar - pre-measured]

The pouch of Campden tablets has lost its label. It now appears I am pushing white pills. I have been asked a few times already if they are illicit drugs

My neighbor has a cascade hop plant but doesn't brew. Every year she cuts it down, brings it over and we hand pick the cones. I remember the first year we did it. About 10 minutes in, we suddenly realized that hand picking cones (buds?) in the front of the house probably didn't look good. So we took it out back .....

Speaking of which, on a lighter note, I still have the hand-held scale for weighing bags stashed someplace. Might be good for weighing hop bags? :D

I recommend we all get a Jacobs ladder running in the background, a random strobe flash, and dry ice fog blanketing the garage floor to add to the affect.

I never thought the need to quote myself, but this seemed appropriate...:)

Homebrew setup would be a good Halloween display for the kiddies and the nosy neighbors if you live in a neighborhood. As a continuation above you would have dry ice in the Erlenmeyer flask, dry ice and strobe in HLT, some odd electronic effects. You get the picture...Now I wish I lived in a neighborhood. I think we had one trick or treater in over 30 years. Seems no one wants to drive down a dark wooded driveway. :eek:

Not so much a sounds like as a looks illegal. No one without an idea of what it is can possibly look at a RIMS tube and assume its for a less than nefarious purpose. Who runs power cords to their plumbing? Can't be legal

Latest posts

Back