Homebrewers in Germany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau Diddly

Reaction score
I'll be moving to the Ramstein area of Germany in April and I'm looking to connect with local brewers before I move. I heard there was a closed group on Facebook called D.R.A.F.T., but I couldn't find it. Any recommendations?

I'll be moving to the Ramstein area of Germany in April and I'm looking to connect with local brewers before I move. I heard there was a closed group on Facebook called D.R.A.F.T., but I couldn't find it. Any recommendations?

Kaiserslautern? FWIW my recommendation would be to enjoy all the German beer you can and take advantage of the travel opportunities.

I'm guessing you are being assigned to Ramstein AB, is that correct? If so then Kaiserslautern is the local community.

Congrats on your future move to Germany. It's a great place to be.

Kaiserslautern? FWIW my recommendation would be to enjoy all the German beer you can and take advantage of the travel opportunities.

I'm guessing you are being assigned to Ramstein AB, is that correct? If so then Kaiserslautern is the local community.

Congrats on your future move to Germany. It's a great place to be.
Yes Ramstein AB. I've spent a lot of time there and I'm unimpressed with their pilsners. I suppose if I were to drink one, the ones in Germany are more fresh. IMHO, the good German beers, bocks and Baltic Porters are nowhere to be found in Rheinland-Pfalz, even Baden-Württemberg. That's ok, because its plenty close enough to the best beers in the world--Belgium.

To your point, I would like to continue brewing to better copies the Trappist styles I like or to make the ones I can't find locally, stouts and double-IPAs. This is assuming I can get supplies and have a good enough network to get feedback...and therein lies my question.

Back