Homebrewer since 1988

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arachnyd

Reaction score
I started brewing in December 1988 after working in a studio with a fellow who brought some homebrew to a xmas party. On the way home that night, I stopped at a store, bought a kit which included a packet of dry yeast and a tin of extract - I also bought a second tin of extract as my friend said I should not use sugar which would be called for in the instructions. After fermentation, I had what might be loosely identified as a brown ale.

I like to think my brews have improved since then.

In case you are interested, I have a homebrewing website, David's Basement Brewery

if it is of interest, I live in a suburb of Detroit, MI

I enjoy making labels almost as much as I enjoy making beer.

Perhaps I will post the one gallon recipe there - this is a brew that folks may want to test before they commit to a full 5 or 10 gallons of. I imagine that most people can easily multiply the quantities if they are interested in doing a larger batch.

To be honest, if I decide to do a larger batch myself, it will be all grain - and I would not want to post a recipe until I know if it works well or not. :p

Back