Homebrew League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewshki

Reaction score
I was just wandering around the forum when I saw this ad at the top of the page. Has anyone heard of this site before? It seems like a pretty cool/fun idea. Has anyone ever sent a beer into one of these challenges before? Do you guys think it would be fun?

I have always kinda wondered about the feasibility of like a national league with brewer rankings. Fairly interesting.

https://www.homebrewleague.us/

That does look interesting but those entry fees are STEEP! If they were around normal competition prices, I'd be far more interested,but $25-$35 is too rich for my blood.

That does look interesting but those entry fees are STEEP! If they were around normal competition prices, I'd be far more interested,but $25-$35 is too rich for my blood.

That was my conclusion as well. I emailed their published email last night to ask about it. They are trying to incentivize people/clubs with bigger prizes. It looks like if your club hosts a competition, it can earn some money. I am thinking that the money has to come from somewhere, so that is why the prices are so high. I was really excited about it until I saw the prices. I would think part of the fun of this kind of thing would be entering fairly often and upping your ranking. I am with you, I can't do that right now (first house and bigger life events soon) so I don't think I will be able to do it. Especially when you start to think about shipping costs and such.

I really do think a national homebrewer ranking system is very fun though.

Latest posts

Back