Homebrew Draft Systems in Basement Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Actuary

Reaction score
I am getting ready to finish our basement. Included will be a bar/entertaining area.

The bar will be roughly 10' long to the outside, with the back counter w/sink (parallel to the bar) being around 7' long with a fridge (3') at one end, so again, roughly 10' total.

I am looking for ideas on how to incorporate a kegging system into the bar.

I plan on buying some sort of kitchen cabinets for both the bar and back counter area. I could possibly leave a 4 foot or so opening underneath the bar that would leave room to slide a chest freezer in/out from under the counter. That seems a bit clunky, and would be odd if we were to ever sell the house.

So curious what others have done. Pictures would be helpful.

Thanks!

I've just started my installation. My approach is insulating the space with a small fridge on the counter supplying cooling. The taps will be on the fridge as well. The kegs will sit on a cart that slides into the space.

If I was building from scratch, I'd go with a chest freezer. Many people have done it that was. Buying an extra piece of counter plus cabinet doors would take care of the potential problem when you sell. Also, if you think you'll be selling in the near future, being able to pull your kegger and taking it along would be a plus.

I plan on putting my keezer in a closet behind my bar than running some 4" pvc with the lines in it to the taps, going to use a fan to blow cold air through the pvc.

Latest posts

Back