Homebrew 101 for non-brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redfox

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone ever made up a Homebrew 101 sheet for non-brewers...something like:

"You are about to experience a homebrewed beer, hand crafted by __________.

A few things to know beforehand...this brew was bottle conditioned, which means it was carbonated [etc. etc.]"

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Homebrew Zone."

So you want something to go with the beers when they are drunk by non-brewing friends and acquaintances? Something that explains to decant the beer, and then triple-rinse the bottle when it's empty?

I haven't seen anything specific to what you're asking, but it wouldn't be too hard to come up with right here. You would like something brief-ish so the non-brewer can appreciate the work of art?
This is just for fun as I've thought of doing something similar.

Good start--Who, what and when.
How to pour.
Glass for style.
Hops if featured.
Some like to know ABV and IBU.
Bit of background on the style.
And as was mentioned, wash the dang bottle completely.

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. There's a signpost up ahead - your next stop, Homemade Beer Here!"

appreciate the replies.

just something that says "don't be alarmed at the sediment"' "higher abv than you're likely used to: don't drink 3 or 4 and then drive." and yeah..."wash the damn bottles".

How about; No, I can't sell this commercially; you are enjoying the fruits of my dearest hobby. I do this for the love of good beer, not to make a buck. Although I wouldn't say no to a donation....for the cause, of course. Cause I need more ingredients and shiny equipment to continue making this to share with you.

Back