Home brew magazine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbird

Reaction score
I want to get a home brew magazine but where can I buy one? Do they sell them at Wal-mart or Target? Please help me I leave in a small town so those are about the biggest stores I have.

Zymurgy would be the other one, but it's easier to just join the AHA and they will send it to you. BYO is the same. If you get a subscription it's much cheaper than going and buying a copy retail.

You know they send magazines in the mail, right? BYO will even send you a free trial copy. No need to go to a store.

weirdboy said:
Zymurgy would be the other one, but it's easier to just join the AHA and they will send it to you. BYO is the same. If you get a subscription it's much cheaper than going and buying a copy retail.

You know they send magazines in the mail, right? BYO will even send you a free trial copy. No need to go to a store.

I'm just old school and want it now.

I'm just old school and want it now.

Go to the American Homebrewers Association web site and buy a membership. With that you can read archived copies of Zymurgy going back to the beginning of time, plus they will mail you new editions as they come out.

Most chain bookstores (if you can find any still in business) like Barnes and Nobles will carry them. Also you live in Chicago, an oldschool newstand may have them...any place that has a diverse selection of magazines....drugstores, grocery stores, probably not, they have a limited shelf space, so it's going to be people, and time, and those types...you need a place with more than that.

I want to get a home brew magazine but where can I buy one? Do they sell them at Wal-mart or Target? Please help me I leave in a small town so those are about the biggest stores I have.
In a word, no. Target and Walmart do not carry such a specialty publication. If you're lucky, some of your grocery stores might.

Keep in mind - Walmart is based in Alabama. Homebrewing is still illegal in Alabama. The corporate office isn't likely to green-light stocking a magazine whose substance is against local laws.

Barnes & Noble does have a really good selection - in fact, I just picked up two yesterday (Beer Magazine and Draft). They also had BYO and Zymurgy. Didn't pick up BYO because I'm a subscriber.

Like has been said, for instant gratification, you're out of luck. At best, go online and subscribe to one of the mags, and get hooked into the digital copy.

Back