Holy Crap It Worked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekknoschtev

Reaction score
I attempted my first ever starter last night, and one spun up from the leftovers in a bottle of Rogue Shakespeare Stout and a bottle of Rogue Yellow Snow (the stout had a far better return than the IPA for me). I stepped it up a few times, because I was getting set for a 10 gallon batch, and I can tell that its working. I know bubbles mean nothing, but it still tells me that something is working! :ban:

So, now we've got a few weeks to go but my first 10 gallon batch, my first batch with a starter, and my first beers with pacman yeast will be ready to keg. :rockin: I'm even more excited that I've already experimented with washing yeast, so I'll be keeping the pacman strain around for future use.

Nice man! I spun up the dregs of two shakespeares last month and brewed an IPA with it two weeks ago. dry hopped it today in a secondary and harvested a ton from the primary. Still settling out now, but they look really well rinsed and more than I usually get per mason jar.

Back