Hmmm what to brew next.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zhaufler

Reaction score
What do u guys think I should brew next
I need to switch things up from the typical ipas stouts porters and blonde ales
I'm thinking maybe a pilsener?
Or a black ipa ( except I already have a porter on tap ) and I usually like to have a balance on my two beers on tap
Maybe a habenero cream ale (but I've already made that before )
Or a Belgium tripel
I wanna make this but I'm just starting to like belgiums and my brewing partner hates them
(At what point do I just say screw it and brew without him! Lol)
Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

i was going to type the same thing. i plan to do a few different 1 gal barleywines over the next week or so for Christmas.

Ya good idea
Being 18 years old the closest thing I've had to a barley wine was double arrogant bastard and I did not like it do to the warm alcohol taste
But since it wud age til Christmas would that all mellow out?

Or a Belgium tripel
I wanna make this but I'm just starting to like belgiums and my brewing partner hates them

Prepare to get flamed on that one. ;)

If you're experienced with blonde ales, try moving towards a Belgian blonde or a Belgian light strong ale with Noble hops, Belgian yeast strains, etc.

Ya good idea
Being 18 years old the closest thing I've had to a barley wine was double arrogant bastard and I did not like it do to the warm alcohol taste
But since it wud age til Christmas would that all mellow out?

18 years old? I may be off base but you are under age and should not be on the forum.

Now's a good time to get an Octoberfest going. I've got at least 3 more beers on the brewing deck, but I'm thinking about subbing out the planned Belgium Pale for a peanut butter porter.

Barleywine, Belgian Golden Strong, a Scottish style of some sort?

Ya I might go with a Belgian strong ale
I just don't know much on brewing them
But I did just get a great brewing book!

Just do a big, high ABV saison. Hop according to your pallet and enjoy when warm out.

Just bottled a golden strong of my own and there's not much different. Just the addition of either Belgian candy sugar or plain table sugar and make sure you use the right yeast. I used White Labs WLP570.

Now's a good time to get an Octoberfest going. I've got at least 3 more beers on the brewing deck, but I'm thinking about subbing out the planned Belgium Pale for a peanut butter porter.

Wow peanut butter porter
How's that recipe looking!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back