Hi from Oly, Wa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dtroy17

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to HBT been brewing for about 2 years now, and really want to start AG just dont know how, or how to talk the wife in to letting me get the hardware. Been looking on the site for about a month now and thought I should say Hi

Welcome from someone who's new to HBT & to brewing in general. Dunno when or if I'll try all-grain, but I bet Extract will keep me busy for a while!

Welcome! I'm up the road in Tacoma. Was hoping to start my first brew this weekend, but an unexpected business trip came up requiring me to be gone for the month of March so I hope to start in April when I get back.

hello from T-town, just joined myself to get some questions answered, great wealth of info here from my surfing so far, thanks all.

Just tell the wife that you will save on the cost of grain vs the expense of extract. Well worth the jump to AG. Plus you get the added benefit of the wonderful smell of mashing. One of my brew buddies lives near Black Lake. Nice area down there.

thanks for the welcome everyone. For peeps in or around Oly where do you find most of your equipment for AG is there a local store other then the two brew stores around here that I dont know about.

Acquiring AG equipment can range from hardcore DIY to buying the best ($$$). I built all of my system, however I have access to a full machine shop and TIG welding equipment. There are lots of threads here covering the different types of mash tuns and boil kettles. Are you looking for a three vessel system? Electric or gas? keep reading and you will find what meets your needs. You can try Larrys in Kent, I used to go there when I was working in Puyallup.

My son is in Oly, at Evergreen. He's currently in an apt where he can't use his all-grain setup. Maybe you two should meet. He has the equipment and no place to brew. You have the place and no equipment.

My son is in Oly, at Evergreen. He's currently in an apt where he can't use his all-grain setup. Maybe you two should meet. He has the equipment and no place to brew. You have the place and no equipment.

Ahh, the wonderful world of HBT at work. This is why I like this site so much. The folks here are not only into brewing but also very friendly and helpful!!

Latest posts

Back