Hi from Down Under

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilgrim

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Peter Northway and I started Home Brewing in England around the mid 60's. My wife and I moved to New Zealand in 1973 and I have brewed on and off since we got here. I have brewed using the traditional mashing process but these days use mostly kits, although I like to experiment with additional ingredients. Until recently I have always bottled, originally glass quarts but in recent years PET bottles. I have just ordered a couple of Corny Kegs and can't wait till they arrive to keg my first kegged brew.

Welcome, I hear New Zealand is beautiful. One of my professors goes there multiple times a year for vacation and golfing.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes New Zealand is beautiful and a lot of movies are being filmed here now (Lord of the Rings trillogy etc.) I've already got some great ideas from the discussions on this forum and look forward to contributing something myself.

I never met a Kiwi I didn't like (I guess you are a Kiwi by now).

I remebre my dad brewing in England in the 60s too. I'm not sure how I know this, but I must have tasted it at some time as a kid. It tasted like old socks washed in a bath of wombat poo!

I look forward to your future posts, and welcome!

Latest posts

Back