Heya first post.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burning2nd

Reaction score
hi all, Im jon.. My wife got me a home brew kit for Christmas this year... and im in the beginning stages of research and development.

I still have some things to get i need a large kettle and some digital thermometers but other wise, Im looking at hops and barley right now.. and i dont know what amount is a good start or idea..
should i get a few pounds of each? How long or far will a Lb of hops and a LB or barley go?

Im strictly Reinheitsgebot, Hops, barley, RODI water, yeast, and im hopeing to be able to make a lager that tastes kindda like BECKs but is a little more home'y

so thanks again

For your first batches of beer, you might want to try ingredient kits. They're formulated by people who have experience brewing and will give you good results. Putting a few batches under your belt first will let you see what kind of hops you like to use regularly. One style that's easier to start off with is a California Common....it's a hybrid ale that is almost like a lager.

right on.... right on thats what i was gonna do anyway but im woundering about the weight... guess so i can get a good idea how much ill be going thru and what thats gonna run me.

Back