Hey, from the woods of Wisconsin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brooklanebrewing

Reaction score
Hello reader,

I've been brewing for about nine months now and have done 26 extract batches and am turning over to all grain BIAB for my next batch. (would have converted sooner but a friend of a friend that worked at a semi-local malting company had a 5 gal. bucket of extract for $20.) Anyway, i'm in the process of building an electric 10 gal, single vessel BIAB setup within the next month but for now plan to mash with as much water as i can in my current 8 gal kettle with a bag and soak/ sparge in another kettle with any makeup water i would need.

I just sent out my water for testing at ward laboratories and am expecting to hear back this week. My water is fairly hard and i'm hoping to be able to adjust my water profile for different beer styles using RO filtered water.

I have two keezers. One for fermenting, kept at 65 (nice and large), and one for lagering and cold crashing (should be larger).

I pressure ferment in sankey kegs to naturally carbonate. (Counter pressure transfers are in, racking canes are out!) Then i serve from four taps tied to pin-lock kegs.

I am also currently fermenting my 1st 20 gal. of home-pressed cider.

Thanks fer stoppin,

monk e

DSC01446.JPG

DSC01445.JPG

DSC01448.JPG

DSC01449.JPG

thanks Yooper,

nice to know i've got a good neighbor. i actually went to school in houghton so i may have been through your neck of the woods a time or two

Back