HERMs system hlt build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauldoc1031

Reaction score
I recently purchased an ss brewtech 10 gallon kettle. I want to turn it into a hlt for a HERMS system I'm working on. I'm not sure which steel coil to buy to fit into that specific kettle. I also wanted to do a weldless installation and I'm not sure exactly what parts I need. Any help is appreciated

Awesome. I will probably have to drop to the 3/8 since the kettle is about 13.8 in diameter. Did you do weldless? I need to get the 3/8 weldless adapters as well I assume

dont forget that in addition to the diameter of the coil you have the straight area of tubing and the fitting to consider when deciding if it "fits" Of course you can cut the straight area but only to a point and still get it in the fitting and the fitting in the hole in the pot wall.

I also used a coil from stainlessbrewing.com, 50 foot 1/2" tubing.
Also used their weldless compression bulkheads with nylon ferrules so it's removable just in case.

They do an awesome winding their hex coils, the thing is beautiful...

stainlessbrewing.jpg

brew_stand_02.jpg

Cheers!

So I can't find any 3/8" compression bulkheads from stainless brewing. Anyone know a good place to find them?

Awesome. I was looking at them but just figured you guys could give good feedback on a good location for them. Thanks alot. I'll have to post pictures when it's finished.

Latest posts

Back