Help with Yuengling Bock recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaCheFai

New to brew
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a native PA buddy of mine that was asking to see if I could brew him a clone of one of his fav beers that's no longer made, the Yuengling Bock. After scouring the interwebs, I wasn't able to find a definitive recipe. And since I've never had it personally or even brewed a bock before, I wasn't sure where to start.

Has anyone made or seen a recipe for this beer? I can uncover a standard bock recipe, but wanted to see if anyone knew the unique aspects of this beer. Any help would be much appreciated!

I brewed a Yuengling clone one time for a friend of mine which, side by side, came out fairly close. The key was to use corn as part of the grain bill. I suspect you could start with the base recipe for a Yuengling clone including the corn, and then modify to include more crystal / munich malts.

I brewed a Yuengling clone one time for a friend of mine which, side by side, came out fairly close. The key was to use corn as part of the grain bill. I suspect you could start with the base recipe for a Yuengling clone including the corn, and then modify to include more crystal / munich malts.

So you’re suggesting to use their lager base and build up the crystal/Munich for sweetness and color?

Thoughts on yeast?

Latest posts

Back