help with taste ? carbination?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbird1977

Reaction score
Kegged two nb recipe kits a patersbier and extra pale ale kit with oz extra of cascade dry hopped for two weeks. Both sat in primary for 5-6 weeks.

So I kegged last Friday both and they hqve been on 9 psi at 40 degrees. Pale has a tart either dry hop or something else. Both have tang at the end. I brew extract. Could this be just the extract "taste". Also I clean my tap lines with star san only is there better stuff?

Cheers!

Could be few different things. Sitting on yeast for 5-5 weeks could could off flavors (yeast autolysis), sometimes the flavor goes away with time, sometimes it doesnt. Could be dirty CO2, keg or lines. I clean my lines with PBW.

I would say that it probably has nothing to do with the length of time on the yeast. Many have left their beers on the cake much longer with no ill effects.

I would go with: 1) the cleanliness of the kegging equipment, 2) your water, 3)extract twang.

I have done both those kits and they were among the best beers I have brewed in 18 batches.

Back