help with hop schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynb15

Reaction score
I will be brewing an ipa recipe here soon. Its northern brewers chinook ipa. http://www.northernbrewer.com/documentation/beerkits/ChinookIPA.pdf

it comes with 3 oz of chinook hops. I have 2 oz of cascade hops laying around. I would like to add them in. I like hoppy session ipas, and was trying to get something like that because this is not a high abv beer. Just looking for suggestions on a hop schedule. Thanks:mug:

I would use one ounce of the cascade at flame out and the second ounce for dry hopping with the 1 oz of chinook that comes with the kit. :mug:

Doing it this way will add some nice aroma and a little flavor, but won't add to the bittering that the recipe is already designed for.

Since you like session IPAs there won't be much malt to balance the hop bitterness if you planned to use the extra 2oz for bittering; i'd use it the last 10 minutes of less; dry hop most definitely!

Latest posts

Back