Help with 1st time Plum wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went with both labels. 4 of each.

both.jpg

Well done on the labels and appearance of the final product. I havent had much plum wine, but it is hard to imagine not liking something that brilliant and rich in color.

Love those double lever corkers. The only drawback is corking with one becomes much harder if you are enjoying a couple glasses of hard work at the same time. :) you can find them cheaper, but I have seen some with real suspect quality (flimsy feeling levers, poor riveting, etc). So much easier than a push corker and easy on the budget.

If you have the room just throw it in the fridge while you are deciding. When the stuff all settles out you may be able to at least visualize what you're working with. It is def the lazy answer, but it works.

That plum wine looks great in those bellissima bottles! Your labels are nice too, tough to choose though; I like the name dragonfly, but I like the wolf logo too. Either one will look good though. Nice work Jinks!
Regards, GF. :mug:

That plum wine looks great in those bellissima bottles! Your labels are nice too, tough to choose though; I like the name dragonfly, but I like the wolf logo too. Either one will look good though. Nice work Jinks!
Regards, GF. :mug:

Gotta love a dragonfly made of scissors and buttons.

Question. I have about 30lbs of golden plums in the freezer. could I thaw them and then juice them (after removing pits) instead of squishing them? I do have an apple mill/press too that we are just finishing up too. That is also an option.
Wondering if the pulp add something to the fermentation.
First time making plum wine! Excited! and I've been reading on 71B before seeing this post - so perfect. Have some!

Question. I have about 30lbs of golden plums in the freezer. could I thaw them and then juice them (after removing pits) instead of squishing them? I do have an apple mill/press too that we are just finishing up too. That is also an option.
Wondering if the pulp add something to the fermentation.
First time making plum wine! Excited! and I've been reading on 71B before seeing this post - so perfect. Have some!

Yes, you can juice those plums. I think you'll find it easiest to just squish them with your hands to remove the pits, freezing really breaks down plums; watch out for the pointy end of the pit though.
Regards, GF.

Latest posts

Back