Help Wiring New Temperature Controller - not stc 1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brycer33

Reaction score
I've been reading this forum for quite some time, but this is my first post.

I am building a keezer and I purchased a temperature controller from ebay that I plan on mounting on the collar. It is not the STC 1000 but it does look very similar. I went with this model because the reading is in Fahrenheit and I have no need to wire up a heater.

I am a bit rusty with electrical work, but can manage just about anything with proper direction. If anybody could clarify the wiring diagram for me, and tell me which wires from my freezer go to which numbers that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Bryce

Update: Apparently the pictures didn't upload the first time. Hopefully they can be seen now.

IMAG1163.jpg

IMAG1164.jpg

IMAG1165.jpg

Terminals 3 and 4 are the 120 VAC power in to the controller.

Terminals 1 and 2 are connected to a switch (relay) inside the controller.

Terminals 5 and 6 are the temperature probe.

As far as how to connect it to your freezer, you have a lot of options. One of the easiest is to connect the hot side of your AC power cord to terminal 1 and connect terminal 2 to the hot side of a receptacle that the freezer can be plugged into. The neutral side of the power cord also has to connect to the neutral side of the switched receptacle.

Thanks for responding. I have a power cord with black, white, and green wires. So I would connect the black (hot) wire to terminal 1, then a wire from terminal 2 to the hot side of a receptacle, and the white (neutral) wire to the neutral end of the receptacle? What about terminals 3 and 4? Do I run a jumper wire from 1 to 3 and 2 to 4?

Thanks for your help

Sounds like Reynolds has you set. I love the poorly translated directions.

I'm pretty sure Google Translate could do a better job.

Hello. I bought the same one thinking it was the stc 1000. After reading this I take it I choose the wrong one? Since I wanted the capability to have both heat and cooling? Is there a way to get this to operate dual zone?

Thx

Jorge

Hello. I bought the same one thinking it was the stc 1000. After reading this I take it I choose the wrong one? Since I wanted the capability to have both heat and cooling? Is there a way to get this to operate dual zone?

Thx

Jorge

You can get another and have one on the heating function and one on cooling function or get a stc 1000.

Back