Help needed to create a flavor - Apricot/Peach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProblemChild

Reaction score
Good morning,

Looking to build an American Rye with 50% Pale, 35% Rye and 15% White Wheat. I love rye and want to feature but build in the subtext of stone fruit - closer to apricot - with hop/yeast profile. (no adjuncts)

At the moment, I am looking at a 40% citra, 40% Amarillo, 20% belma hop profile with conan or WY1056 fermented high (72°F)

How would anyone here go about that?

I made a beer that had Ekuanot and Mosaic cryo hops in there as late additions. I believe I also had Amarillo and it was a peach/apricot bomb!! Almost too much so. I actually waited 3-4 months to drink it and it was better after that peach flavor died down a little IMO

Anyways, could be good for what you're going for. I can't find the recipe right now but I think I used 1oz of each of the cryo hops at 15 mins or flame out. Probably bittered with centennial and amarillo was late addition as well

I made a beer that had Ekuanot and Mosaic cryo hops in there as late additions. I believe I also had Amarillo and it was a peach/apricot bomb!! Almost too much so. I actually waited 3-4 months to drink it and it was better after that peach flavor died down a little IMO

Anyways, could be good for what you're going for. I can't find the recipe right now but I think I used 1oz of each of the cryo hops at 15 mins or flame out. Probably bittered with centennial and amarillo was late addition as well
Thanks!!! have Ekuanot, the rest are easy.

Back