Help me pick a dry hop type...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrell00

Reaction score
Hello all...

Just finished fermenting an IPA (bordering on a double).. and undecided on the dry hop... Here is the pertinent info on the recipe. Just need to settle on the dry hopping..

OG 1.072
FG 1.012

Malt bill is 50% maris otter, 25% vienna, 25% munich 10..

******FWH,

.50 oz Ahtanum

******60 min bittering,

.70 oz CTZ

******0 min,

1.5 oz chinook - 1.5 oz cascade - 1.5 oz centennial

******whirlpool (30 min recirculation)

1.5 oz ahtanum - 1.5 oz cascade - 1.5 oz amarillo

I am thinking of going with 2 oz of Simcoe & 1 oz of Centennial for the dry hop but have never used Simcoe as a dry hop before...

The aroma in the fermenter is out of this world already & I don't want to screw it up..

Recipe loosely built around Cigar City Jai Alai.

I use Simcoe as a dry hop all the time and love it in my IPAs. I've also used it with Centennial, Cascade, Amarillo, Columbus and others.
I like to dry hop most of my IPA's with hops that I've used as late additions as it blends well.

I use Simcoe as a dry hop all the time and love it in my IPAs. I've also used it with Centennial, Cascade, Amarillo, Columbus and others.
I like to dry hop most of my IPA's with hops that I've used as late additions as it blends well.

I agree re; keeping dry same as latest additions.

Kinda leaning to just simcoe mainly because I have never done it.

I love the all centennial in Westbrooks ipa also though.

Could split the 6 gallons and go that route too.

Thanks.

Back