HELP me ID my Perlicks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetcell

Protruding Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i bought a kegerator a while back, and i'm finally getting around to disassembling and cleaning the taps. the rubber gaskets inside need replacing, but i don't know what to order since i have no idea what model these are... help? do i need to order replacement gaskets for this model only, or is there a generic replacement kit that i can buy? (yes, this is my first time rebuilding taps...)

perlick1.jpg perlick2.jpg perlick3.jpg perlick4.jpg

(click thumbnails for full-sized images)

thanks!!

That's a 525 with a creamer faucet lever, which would technically make it a 575. Looks like it's a stainless model as well, so either a 575SS or a 525SS with the lever swapped.

fwiw, I tried the creamer on one of my 525SS faucets and quickly realized one can get the same effect with the standard faucet lever by just cracking one open a little bit. Foam galore! Who needs a creamer! :)

The creamer will still pour a nice pint as long as you don't push back on it so one is good to go either way...

Cheers!

thank you thank you thank you @day_trippr & @MattyHBT!

replacement gaskets ordered. cost of goods: $3.30. cost of shipping: $10 :D (better than the other place i looked at, which wanted almost $18 to ship a quarter ounce of o-rings...)

i didn't know i had the creamer option! true story: my father is an engineer, albeit one of the straightest, middle-of-the-road (read: boring) engineers you've ever come across. he generally doesn't drink, but he's always willing to try one of my brews (and only one, any more than that would be indulgent...). he "doesn't like foam", so when he pours himself he a beer he uses "an old engineering school trick" (AKA the last time he probably touched beer on tap, and even then it was probably only because of peer pressure) of only cracking the tap open a bit, to limit the head. i tell him each time that he'll get less foam if he opens it up all the way, but he never listens...

Back