help me again please. sanke keg leaking gas.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offmypickle

Reaction score
Help much needed please. Just transferred my lager to my sanke keg (first time using). Started force carbonation and I have gas leaking from the thread where the spear screws into the keg. Have tried ptfe thread seal tape and am running out of ideas. Can't find any solutions online. Anyhelp wwould be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi. Here are the photos of my spear and keg. Can't see an o ring, but I'm not sure where it would be on these European s-type sanke kegs. Thankyou.

20150103_135158.jpg

20150103_135104.jpg

20150103_135115.jpg

Light bulb moment!!! After closer inspection and thinking back, I can guess where the o ring should be and where it has gone. The first time I struggled with removing the spear, using the 2 screwdriver ans grips method I saw on you tube. I remember poking about and some rubber bits breaking and coming loose. Obviously, I have broken the o ring with my screwdriver, not knowing what I was doing. Didn't think about it at the time. Will see what they have in the enginerring department at work monday. If you could confirm exactly where it should go would be appreciated. Can probably guess but I would rather be sure. Thanks, rob

If the O-ring broke.......... it wasn't your fault........ O-rings are very tough. If it was brittle, it was garbage anyway.

H.W.

And as a side note, sanke kegs rock. Don't be discouraged by this. I can't tell you how happy I am with sanke kegs. They are built like tanks. On several of the older kegs I've gotten those O-rings were smashed or stuck.

Thanks everybody. Will grab some o rings from work and hope one fits. Thanks again, rob

Back