Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KKreisler

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been on the forums for a little while now, just getting around to introductions.
I am a 30something male from farmington MN, a city just on the southern fringe of the twin cities metro area.
I am married for nearly 10 years, and take great pride in my 2 boys, a two and a six year old.
I work as an industrial maintenance technician, and I am currently working toward attaining my electrical engineering degree through UND's distance engineering program.

Normally I do not have a lot of free time for extra activities, but I had a term project come up in a class last fall to design a program that would accomplish a chosen task, I had also spoken with some friends from the neighborhood over the summer about helping expand their home brew operation. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to merge an assignment with activity I wanted to be a part of, Thus the Hops Green Beer Machine was born. :rockin: It is an all electric fully automated RIMS system with National instruments Labview software at its core.

It is still a bit of a work in progress as we tweak things in, but so far my co-brewers and I have concocted 30 gallons of brew through the HGBM and I am going to be building a 4 tap keezer soon to serve my portion of the results our efforts. (Thanks Keg Cowboy!)

I plan on using a new freezer for the sake of efficiency and longevity, as well as cosmetic appeal, and I have the freezer selection narrowed down to a GE 7.0cf or a Frigidaire 7.2cf (which i can get in black). Does anyone have any experience with either of these that may sway my decision one way or another?
Happy Brewing, :mug:
Kyle Kreisler

Back