Hello from Tacoma WA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironmind

Reaction score
I'm getting back into the homebrew thing after an 8 year hiatus. Previously i'd gone through the basic cook,ferment, bottle route with very basic gear and had decent results. I'm interesting in upgrading my equipment (bigger kettle, counterflow chill, gas cooker, kegging etc.)

I'm a big fan of the IPA family right now and hope to learn alot about making great beer here.:mug:

Thanks, everyone. Already learning stuff. I just built my counterflow and put an IPA to fermentation yesterday. I also found a guy to plasma cut the top off my keggle. :D

Welcome mate. I'll be cruising up to Tacoma in about a month actually to see a friend. How's the beer? Any good pub recommendations?

Just moved to tacoma ft. lewis where is da good beer??????????? iromind if ya need welding let me know!!!!!

Just moved to tacoma ft. lewis where is da good beer???????????

Did you bring your rig? That thing is unbelievable!

Here is a quick list of good brew pubs.

The Rock....awesome atmosphere and pizza.... Love their Sledge Hammer IPA.....down town Tacoma.
BJ's at Tacoma mall. I had their sampler...pretty good.
The Ram.....Lakewood, Puyallup and the Waterfront in Tacoma. They brew on site....they will fill your kegs too if you are out of homebrew.
Rock Bottom Brewery....Bellevue and Seattle....They brew on site too.

These are some of the big names of the area....I am going to check out a new place called The Tap Room in Pacific this week.

Just moved to tacoma ft. lewis where is da good beer??????????? iromind if ya need welding let me know!!!!!

The Angelfish Imerial Red Ale at Fish Brewing in Olympia is nice. Speedway brewing in Lacey has some nice stuff.

Dick's in Centralia is fantastic.

Jake's in Steilacoom has an amazing selection, as does The Eastside Tavern in Olympia. The Swiss and Red Hot are nice places in Tacoma.

Stay away from the Ram in Lacey. That beer sucks.

There's a great bottle shop in Olympia called Gravity.

Costco in Tumwater has 24 packs of Hop Czar right now for $23!

Welcome, and thank you for your service!:mug:

There is a place downtown Tacoma called the Swiss- they don't brew beer, but they do have something like 20 beers on tap + good food and music.

Also like to have a beer at the Spar- near the waterfront, old town. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back