Hello from SE PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonMH

Reaction score
Hello all, I have yet to actually brew, but have been absorbing knowledge like a sponge. I have been hampered by weather (winter and all with no garage) to brew. I was going to try today but by the time I was getting ready to head outside, it was raining. So far I have my 5 gal kettle and two six gal ale pails, bottle bucket and mostly everything that came with the starter kit. I also got an edelmetal bru burner to start off with right and bought a silver serpent wort chiller recently as well. I live in Emmaus, Pa (south of Allentown). I see some others here from Pa as well.

Welcome!

Sounds like you got a good start on equipment. I love my Edelmetall Bru Burner, it will work awesome if you ever decide to step up to a bigger batch. IIRC they are rated for up to 30 gallon batches. I squeezed in my brew day yesterday, so I'm good on that front. Got all my fermenters full up now (three ale pails for primaries, two 6.5 gallon plastic big mouth bubblers, one 5 gallon plastic BMB, and one 5 gallon glass carboy for secondaries).

How is the BMB? I saw reviews that said it doesn't seal tight. Then again, some ale pales won't either.

Welcome! I'm not far from you here in perkasie, if your not a member of home brew club check out the Bucks county Brewers they meet the first Tuesday of the month at Free Will brewery.

Thanks, how is free will? Some friends that live in sellersville were there saturday and we were talking beer via facebook. Jimbo, you have Cigars International there as well.

We do have Cigars International. Can't say I've been there tho. The same
for Free Will. I do love The Kragle and the 10W Porter they make, just haven't been there... If I lived in Emmaus I'd be drinking Citrus IPA from Funk daily!

Free Will has great beers! I live a mile from them. I like Techno and destinys wit. If you go fri or sat night they have a food truck there also, you can get dinner and a beer.

Welcome to the obsession BrandonMH. I'm just south of you in Kutztown. If you are looking to meet up with other local homebrewers, the Kutztown Brew Crew meets at 6pm on the first Wednesday of each month at Saucony Creek here in Kutztown. A small but great group of guys with some excellent brewing knowledge.

I used to goto Funk alot, and that is one of the reasons I started on this journey into better beer and brewing. I used to love their Fallage, a chai saison, and they made a pretty good hefewiesen. They madde a hot pepper beer once, not quite my cup of tea there. I don't get to go there much anymore and that little place gets packed.

Back