Hello from SE, Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Metreyeon II

Reaction score
Hello all i just started out brewing after researching and watching videos and reading books, i said what the hell i am going straight to all grain brewing, i am just finishing drinking the last few beers off my first brew which was a Peanut Butter Cup Stout, i know i am crazy for doing this for my first brew, but it turned out spectacular and all my buddies loved it so i am happy about that, but now on to new things i have a lot of questions that i am about to pester everyone with. Oh i have a 5 gallon setup atm. I need to figure out something to use as a fermentation chamber as here in SE Texas its hot as hell and leaving in a closet just doesn't work.

Treat me well.

Welcome to the group, from Minnesota!

Until you decide on a ferm chamber, you can set up a "swamp cooler." Put the fermenter in a wash tub with cool water, then fill some 16oz pop bottles with water and freeze them. Drop a couple bottles in the water whenever you need to keep it cool, switch them out as necessary, refreeze, repeat.

You should follow what the OP suggests you already. Welcome to the community.

Back