Hello from Raleigh, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad DNA

Reaction score
New guy here -- joined while searching for discussions on the BEERmkr appliance. Great forum to walk through. I have a little experience, as I've been kit-brewing since the '80s. Only have ~100 carboy batches under belt (took a decade hiatus while kids were young). Have friends who whole-grain, but my experience is limited to kits and DIY experiments.

New guy here -- joined while searching for discussions on the BEERmkr appliance. Great forum to walk through. I have a little experience, as I've been kit-brewing since the '80s. Only have ~100 carboy batches under belt (took a decade hiatus while kids were young). Have friends who whole-grain, but my experience is limited to kits and DIY experiments.
Welcome to the forum! Everyone has their own journey and desires… what are you thinking about that new appliance?

Welcome to the forum! Everyone has their own journey and desires… what are you thinking about that new appliance?
Thanks for the welcome. Thus far, the BEERmkr has been a lot of fun. I'm much more used to carboy extract kits or winging it with an extract recipe, so having everything compact, clean, and down to 6L of beer is a bit different.

I found a thread on the BEERmkr elsewhere here on the forums that has been insightful. It's the first forum on any site for the BEERmkr I've found thus-far. When I asked the company, they recommended FB (yuk) or reddit for online discuss. They've been very responsive to individual queries, too.

I received a half-dozen kits with my gift, and am running the third one now. Pretty simple way to make beer in 7-10 days. Certainly different than waiting 7-10 weeks for my bottles to rack nicely.

Latest posts

Back